Journal Title : International Journal of Modern Trends in Engineering and Science
Paper Title : AN ENERGY EFFICIENT CLUSTERING AND RELAY NODE SELECTION ALGORITHM FOR FAULT NODE DIAGNOSIS IN WSN
Volume 04 Issue 06 2017
ISSN no: 2348-3121
Page no: 10-13
Abstract – Wireless Sensor Networks are widely used for system monitoring and control since it is able to collect and transmit information under different environments. Signals are relayed from one senor to another sensor until it reaches the sink node which could either be mobile or a central control unit. Due to low cost and the deployment of sensor nodes, the sensors become faulty sensor nodes. The sensor network is utilizing large numbers of sensors to perform sensing and forwarding tasks in the monitoring area. Due to the resources constraints of sensors and the energy efficiency Quality of Service requirement, prolonging the network lifetime is a major concern in Wireless sensor Networks. Single-hop communication consumes huge amount of energy due to long distance transmitting, and causes energy unbalancing as sensors far away from the sink node will consume more energy. Clustering is an efficient approach to reduce energy consumption since it can reduce data transmission time of the network. So we developed an energy efficient overlapping clustering and the relay node selection algorithm, which selects different nodes as CHs and relay node to attain the balancing of energy consumption of the network.
Keywords–Sensor nodes, WSN, Single –Hope communication, Rely Node Selection Algorithm
- J. M. Pak, C. K. Ahn, Y. S. Shmaliy and M. T. Lim, “Improving reliability of particle filter-based localization in wireless sensor networks via hybrid particle/FIR filtering,” IEEE Transactions on Industrial Informatics, Vol.11, Iss.5., pp.1089-1098, 2015.
- Y. Wang, E. W Ma, T. W. Chow and K. L. Tsui, “A two-step parametric method for failure prediction in hard disk drives,” IEEE Transactions on industrial informatics, Vol.10, Iss.1, pp.419-430, 2014.
- B. C. Lau, E. W. Ma, and T. W. Chow, “ Probabilistic fault detector for wireless sensor network,” Expert Systems with Applications, Vol.41,Iss.8, pp. 3703-3711,2014.
- A.De Paola, G. Lo Re, F. Milazzo, and M. Ortolani, “QoS-Aware fault detection in wireless sensor networks,” International Journal of Distributed Sensor Networks, 2013.
- X. He, Z. Wang, Y. Liu and D. H. Zhou, “Least-squares fault detectiHe, on and diagnosis for networked sensing systems using a direct state estimation approach,” IEEE Transactions on Industrial Informatics, Vol.9,Iss.3 , pp.1670-1679, 2013.
- G. Wang, S. Yin and O. Kaynak, “ An LWPR-based data-driven fault detection approach for nonlinear process monitoring,” IEEE Transactions on Industrial Informatics, Vol.10,Iss.4, pp.2016-2023, 2014.
- G. Mujica, J. Portilla and T. Riesgo, “Performance evaluation of an AODV-based routing protocol implementation by using a novel in-field WSN diagnosis tool,” Microprocessors and Micro systems, Vol.39,Iss.8,pp. 920-938, 2015.
- C. B. Yu, J. J. Hu, R. Li, S. H. Deng and R. M. Yang, “Node Fault Diagnosis in WSN Based on RS and SVM,” Wireless Communication and Sensor Network (WCSN), 2014 International Conference on IEEE, pp. 153-156, 2014.
- A. Mahapatro and P. M. Khilar, “Fault diagnosis in wireless sensor networks: A survey,” IEEE Communications Surveys & Tutorials, Vol.15,Iss.4,pp. 2000-2026, 2013.
- A. Mahapatro and P. M. Khilar, “Detection and diagnosis of node failure in wireless sensor networks: A multi objective optimization approach,” Swarm and Evolutionary Computation, Vol.13, pp.74-84, 2013.
- B. C. Lau, E. W. Ma and T. W. Chow, “Probabilistic fault detector for wireless sensor network,” Expert Systems with Applications, Vol.41,Iss.8, pp.3703-3711, 2014.
- I. Banerjee, P. Chanak, H. Rahaman, and T. Samanta, “Effective fault detection and routing scheme for wireless sensor networks” Computers & Electrical Engineering, Vol.40,Iss.2, pp.291-306, 2014.