Journal Title : International Journal of Modern Trends in Engineering and Science
Paper Title : ACHIEVE EFFECTIVE SYSTEM PARAMETER BY USING GOLOMB CODING IN VLSI APPLICATIONS
Volume 04 Issue 06 2017
ISSN no: 2348-3121
Page no: 36-38
Abstract – This paper describes the detailed study and analysis of Golumb codes used for the test vector compression in VLSI testing. The Golumb Codes are widely used for lossless Data compression due to its lower complexity in encoding & decoding methods. Furthermore, a comparative study of various compression techniques is also presented in this paper. This paper also gives out an idea about the design of Golumb Encoder & Decoder using VHDL for the test vectors thus achieving a good height of compression ratio. In order to prove its validity, the developed algorithm is simulated using the Xilinx 9.2i and MATLAB software.
Keywords – Computer architecture, dictionary-based code compression (DCC), Golomb codes, separated dictionaries
- A. Wolfe and A. Chanin, “Executing compressed programs on an embedded RISC architecture,” in Proc. 25th Annu. Int. Symp. Micro architecture, Dec. 1992, pp. 81–91.
- C. Lefurgy, P. Bird, I.-C. Chen, and T. Mudge, “Improving code density using compression techniques,” in Proc. 30th Annu. ACM/IEEE Int.Symp. MICRO, Dec. 1997, pp. 194–203.
- S.-W. Seong and P. Mishra, “A bitmask-based code compression technique for embedded systems,” in Proc. IEEE/ACM ICCAD, Nov. 2006, pp. 251– 254.
- S.-W. Seong and P. Mishra, “An efficient code compression technique using application-aware bitmask and dictionary selection methods,” in Proc. DATE, 2007, pp. 1–6.
- H. Lekatsas and W. Wolf, “SAMC: A code compression algorithm for embedded processors,” IEEE Trans. Computer-Aided Design Integr. Circuits Syst., vol. 18, no. 12, pp. 1689–1701, Dec. 1999.
- S. Y. Larin and T. M. Conte, “Compiler-driven cached code compression schemes for embedded ILP processors,” in Proc. 32nd Annu. Int. Symp. Micro architecture, Nov. 1999, pp. 82–91.
- Y. Xie, W. Wolf, and H. Lekatsas, “Code compression for VLIW processors using variable-to-fixed coding,” in Proc. 15th ISSS, 2002, pp. 138–143.
- C. H. Lin, Y. Xie, and W. Wolf, “Code compression for VLIW embedded systems using a self-generating table,” IEEE Trans. Very Large Scale Integr. (VLSI) Syst., vol. 15, no. 10, pp. 1160–1171, Oct. 2007.