Journal Title : International Journal of Modern Trends in Engineering and Science
Paper Title : DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF REVERSE CONVERTERS USING HYBRID PARALLEL PREFIX ADDER
Volume 04 Issue 06 2017
ISSN no: 2348-3121
Page no: 39-41
Abstract – Adders are the basic building block in the arithmetic circuits. The reverse converter is a key component in the residue number based arithmetic system. Usually the reverse converter design using the parallel prefix adders will provide high speed and delay reduction in arithmetic operations but it is not widely used since it suffers from higher power consumption. As a result, larger delay along with higher power consumption is obtained, which is the main drawback for any VLSI applications. In order to overcome this, Hybrid Parallel prefix network used instead of brent kung adder, kogge stone adder and Han Carlson adder. Therefore it reduces delay and power consumption also reduced the area. The proposed system introduces an improved HRPX and HMPE structure with hybrid BK and KS prefix networks. In this paper, we use a new prefix adder structure, this adder is a mixture three types of adders that is Brent-Kung ,Kogge-stone adder and han carlson adder.. The proposed design shows better performance in terms of power, area and delay
Keywords – Brent Kung Adder, Kogge Stone Adder, Han Carlson adder, High Speed, Power Consumption, Area Minimization
- L. Sri Katyayani, Dr.M.Chandramohan Reddy and Murali.K, Design of Efficient Han-Carlson-Adders., 2016.
- Mehdi Kamal, Ali Afzali-Kusha & Massoud Pedram,” High-Speed and Energy-Efficient Carry Skip Adder Operating Under a Wide Range of Supply Voltage Levels”, IEEE Transactions on Very Large Scale Integration (VLSI) Systems, Vol.24 Issue No:2, Feb. 2016, Pp:421-433.
- Azadeh Alsad at Emrani Zarandi ,Amir Sabbagh Molahosseini, Mehdi Hosseinzadeh, Saeid Sorouri,
- Samuel Antão, and Leonel Sousa, “Reverse Converter Design via Parallel-Prefix Adders: Novel Components, Methodology, and Implementations,” IEEE Trans. Educ., vol. 23,no.2,Feb. 2015 Geeta Rani, Sachin Kumar, Delay Analysis of Parallel-Prefix Adders,vol.02,09/dec.2015.
- Antão and L. Sousa, “The CRNS framework and its application to programmable and reconfigurable cryptography,” ACM Trans. Archit. Code Optim., vol. 9, no. 4, p. 33, Jan. 2013
- A. S. Molahosseini, S. Sorouri, and A. A. E. Zarandi, “Research challenges in next-generation residue number system architectures,” in Proc. IEEE Int. Conf. Comput. Sci. Educ., Jul. 2012, pp. 1658–1661.
- Giorgos Dimitrakopoulos and Dimities Nikolos,” High-speed parallel-prefix VLSI adders”, IEEE Trans.On computer, Vol.54, no.2,feb 2005.
- Y. Wang, X. Song, M. Aboulhamid, and H. Shen,“Adder based residue to binary numbers converters for (2n −1, 2n,2 n +1),” IEEE Trans.Signal Process. , vol. 50, no. 7,. 1772–1779, Jul. 2002.