Journal Title : International Journal of Modern Trends in Engineering and Science
Paper Title : A STUDY ON THE KEY RISK FACTORS IN CONSTRUCTION PROJECT
Volume 04 Issue 06 2017
ISSN no: 2348-3121
Page no: 42-45
Abstract – Risk management can be considered as one of the important management process in order to achieve the project objectives in terms of time, cost, quality, safety and environmental sustainability. Mostly aspects of the construction of risk management have been discussed rather than that I used to find a systematic and holistic approach to identify risks and analyze the likelihood of occurrence and impact of these risks. This project can be useful to find these risks spread throughout the project life cycle and many risks occurs at more than one phase with the construction stage as the most risky phase, followed by the feasibility stage. It is concluded that clients, designers and governmental bodies must work cooperatively from the feasibility phase onwards to address potential risks in time and contractors and subcontractors with robust construction and management knowledge must be employed early to make sound preparation for carrying out safe, efficient and quality construction activities.
Keywords – Risk; Risk Management; Risk Factors etc.,
- Abdou, O.A (1996) Managing Construction Risks, Journal of Architectural Engineering, 2(1), 3-10
- Ahmed, S.M., Ahmed, R and Saram, D.D (1999) Risk Management Trends in the Hong Kong construction Industry, a comparison of Contractors and Owners Perspectives, Engineering, Construction and Architectural Management, 6(3), 225-234
- Akintoye, A.S and MacLeod, M. J (1997) Risk Analysis and Management in Construction, International Journal of Project Management, 15(1), 31-38
- Chapman R. J (2001) The Controlling Influences on Effective Risk Identification and Assessment for Construction Design Management, International Journal of Project Management, 19, 147-160
- Chen. H., Hao, G., Poon, S.W and Ng, F.F. (2004) Cost Risk Management in West Rail Project Hong Kong, 2004 AACE International Transactions.
- Flangan, R and Norman, G (1993) Risk Management and construction, Victoria: Blackwell Science Pty. Ltd, Australia.
- Perry, J.H and Hayes, R. W (1985) Risk and its management in construction Projects, Proceedings of the Institution of Civil Engineering, Part I, 78, 499-521
- Schuyler. J,(2001), Risk and Decision Analysis in Projects (second edition), Pennsylvania: Project Management Institute, Inc, USA.
- Shen. L. Y. (1997) Project risk management in Hong Kong, International Journal of Project Management, 15(2), 101-105
- Shen. L. Y., Wu, G.W.C and Ng, C.S.K.(2001) Risk Assessment for Construction Joint Ventures in China, Journal of Construction Engineering and Management.
- Uher. T. E and Toakley, A.R (1999) Risk Management in the Conceptual Phase of a Project, International Journal of Project Management 17(3), 161-169.
- Wang, J.Y nd Liu, C.L, (2004) Risk Management for Construction Projects, Beijing: China Water Publication.
- Ward, S.C and Chapman. C.B.(1995) Risk Management Perspective on the Project Life cycle, International Journal of Project Management, 13(3), 145-149