Journal Title : International Journal of Modern Trends in Engineering and Science
Paper Title : A RESEARCH ON DELAY AND COST OVERRUN IN CONSTRUCTION PROJECT IN INDIA
Volume 04 Issue 06 2017
ISSN no: 2348-3121
Page no: 65-69
Abstract – The main aim of this paper is to identify the major reasons for delay and cost overruns in construction projects in India as well as the critical success factors that are helping to avoid the delays and cost overruns. The success of construction projects is highly dependent on meeting the aim of project and objectives within the specified time and budget. Management plays a big role in construction projects. Delay and cost overrun are the important defects in construction industry. These failures can lead to various types of negative affections like disputes between contractor and client, decrease quality of work and health and safety accidents. Therefore, there is a high necessity for further investigation on delay and cost overrun factors as well as quality and health & safety and suggesting right actions to minimize these kinds of defects.
Keywords – Delay, Cost overrun, construction, India
- A.W.Shaikh, M. R. (2010). Identification of critical delay factors in construction. Sindh University Research Journal, 11-14.
- Baldwin, J. a. (1971). Causes of delay in the construction industry. Journal of Construction division ASCE, 1997(2) , pp.177—187.
- Daniel WM Chan, M. M. (1997). A comparative study of causes of time overruns in Hong Kong construction projects. International journal of management , 15 (1), 55-63.
- Long Le-Hoai, Y. D. (2008). Delay and Cost Overruns in Vietnam Large Construction Projects. KSCE Journal of Civil Engineering , 367-377.
- NR Mansfield1, O. U. (November 1994). Causes of delay and cost overruns in Nigerian construction projects. International Journal of Project Management , 12 (4), 254-260.