Journal Title : International Journal of Modern Trends in Engineering and Science
Paper Title : NUMERICAL ANALYSIS ON TENSION AND FLEXURAL BEHAVIOUR OF ANGLE–PLY CARBON JUTE ALUMINIUM FIBRE METAL LAMINATES
Volume 04 Issue 06 2017
ISSN no: 2348-3121
Page no: 78-82
Abstract – This investigation is intended to study on the tensile and flexural behaviour of angle-ply carbon jute aluminum fiber metal laminate that can be used as wing rib section of an aircraft.. The aluminum alloy used will be of 2mm thickness, carbon fiber 200gsm, jute 3mm thickness. Two such specimens will be analyzed FML 1 having two layers of aluminum between which layers of jute and carbon will be stacked and FML 2 where single layer of aluminum is used. Flexural and tensile behaviour of both the specimen will be analyzed as per the ASTM standardsD638 and D790.
Keywords – Fiber Metal Laminates; CARALL; Flexural Strength; Tensile Strength
- R.C. Alderliesten , J.J. Homan(2006), ‘Fatigue and damage tolerance issues of Glare in aircraft structures’, International Journal of Fatigue 28 (2006) 1116–1123
- S M. R Kahlili, R.K Mittal, S Gharibi Kalibar, “A study of mechanical properties of Steel/Aluminum/GRP laminates” in Material science and Engineeiring A ,412 ,137-410
- M. Sadighi, R.C. Alderliesten, R. Benedictus,(2012), ‘Impact resistance of fiber-metal laminates: A review’ , Elsevier, International Journal of Impact Engineering, 49 (2012) 77-90K. Elissa, “Title of paper if known,” unpublished.
- R.Ramanarayanan, C. Venkateshwar Reddy, R.Aditya, (2013), “Characterization of Epoxy based Composites for Light Weight and High Strength Applications for Air-Frame Structures”, Advanced Materials Manufacturing & Characterization Vol3 Issue 1 (2013).
- Vivek Mishra, Sandhyarani Biswas, “Physical and Mechanical Properties of Bi-directional Jute Fiber epoxy Composites”, Elsevier, Procedia Engineering 51 ( 2013 ) 561 – 566.
- VOGELESANG L.B, A. VLOT, “Development Of Fiber Metal Laminates For Advanced Aerospace Structures”,Journal of Materials Processing Technology 103 (2000)1-5.
- Tamer Sinmazçelik, Egemen Avcu, Mustafa Özgür Bora and Onur Çoban(2011), “A Review: Fiber Metal Laminates, Background, Bonding Types And Applied Test Methods”, Journal Materials and Design 32 (2011) 3671–3685