Journal Title : International Journal of Modern Trends in Engineering and Science
Paper Title : STUDY AND BEHAVIOR OF DIFFERENT GRADES OF CONCRETE WITH PARTIAL REPLACEMENT OF CEMENT AND SAND WITH COPPER SLAG
Volume 04 Issue 06 2017
ISSN no: 2348-3121
Page no: 92-94
Abstract – The present day construction Industry is facing severe shortage of sand in Andhra Pradesh so the fine aggregate is partly replaced by industrial by product such as copper slag, Robo sand etc. Copper slag is the waste material obtained from copper industry mainly tested for the increment in the strength properties of concrete for M20 & M25 grade. Copper slag has to be replaced with sand & cement upto certain mix proportions until we get optimum strength of concrete mix. Finally Graphs were drawn among the results and then analyzed .The results show that strength of concrete increased with the increase in Copper Slag in both the cases up to certain optimum range.
- Ayano Toshiki, Kuramoto Osamu, and Sakata Kenji. 2000. “Concrete with copper slag fine aggregate”, Society of Materials Science, Vol. 49, pp. 1097-1102.
- Arivalagan. S (2013):“Experimental Study on the Flexural Behaviour of Reinforced Concrete Beams as Replacement of Copper Slag as Fine Aggregate” Journal of Civil Engineering and Urbanism Volume 3, Issue 4(176-182).
- I. J. Karthick (2014): “Experimental Study on Strength Characteristics on M2O Concrete with Partial Replacement of Cement with Fly ASH and Replacement of Fine Aggregate with Copper Slag” Vol. 1, Issue 1(26-29).
- Khanzadi, M and Behnood, A. 2009 “Mechanical properties of high-strength concrete incorporating copper slag as coarse aggregate”, “Construction and Building Materials, Vol. 23, 2183–2188.
- M. .Najimi , J. Sobhani and A. R. Pourkhorshidi (2011) “Durability of copper slag contained concrete exposed to sulphate attack”. Construction and Building Materials 25(2011)1895-1905
- Madhavi, T.Ch. 2014. Copper slag in concrete as replacement material. International Journal of Civil engineering and technology (IJCIET). Vol.5, Issue, 3, pp.327-332.
- Naganur, J. and B. A. Chethan. 2014. Effect of copper slag as a partial replacement of fine aggregate on the properties of cement concrete. International Journal of Research (IJR). Vol-1, Issue-8.