Journal Title : International Journal of Modern Trends in Engineering and Science
Paper Title : COMPARATIVE STUDY ON STRENGTH OF FOAMED CONCRETE WITH CONVENTIONAL CONCRETE & AERATED CONCRETE
Volume 04 Issue 07 2017
ISSN no: 2348-3121
Page no: 1-3
Abstract – This project is intended to determine both mechanical and physical properties of foamed concrete. These properties are critical in assessing the usage of foamed concrete in the industry. The compressive strength of foamed concrete is very less when compared to the conventional concrete because of the presence of voids. The permeability of foamed concrete is high when compared to conventional concrete. Due to the high workability of foamed concrete, it is very easily mixed, handled, transported and placed in the site. Different Percentages of aluminium powder (% of total volume) used are and comparative condition for foamed concrete. This thesis calculates compressive strength, split strength and flexural strengths for different cases.
- Ramamurthy K, Nambiar K, Indu Siva Ranjani G (2009) “A classification of studies on properties of foam concrete”, Cement & Concrete Composites, Vol.31 pp.388– 396.
- Paul J. Tikalsky, James Pospisil, William MacDonald (2004) “A method for assessment of the freeze–thaw resistance of preformed foam cellular concrete”Cement and Concrete Research, Vol.34 pp.889–893.
- Nambiar K, Ramamurthy K (2007) “Air-void characterisation of foam concrete”Cement and Concrete Research, Vol.37 pp.221–230.
- She Wei, Chen Yiqiang, Zhang Yunsheng, Jones M.R. (2013) “Characterization and simulation of microstructure and thermal properties of foamed concrete”Construction and Building Materials, Vol.47 pp.1278–1291.
- Michael Yong Jing Liu, Johnson Alengaram U, Mohd Zamin Jumaat, Kim Hung Mo (2014) “Evaluation of thermal conductivity, mechanical and transport properties of lightweight aggregate foamed geopolymer concrete” Energy and Buildings, Vol.72 pp.238–245.
- Zuhua Zhang, John L.Provis, Andrew Reid, HaoWanga (2014) “Geopolymer foam concrete: An emerging material for sustainable construction” Construction and Building Materials, Vol.56 pp.113–127.
- Nambiar K, Ramamurthy K (2006) “Influence of filler type on the properties of foam concrete” Cement & Concrete Composites, Vol.28 pp.475–480.