Journal Title : International Journal of Modern Trends in Engineering and Science
Paper Title : STUDY AND BEHAVIOUR OF CONCRETE USING PAPER MILL WASTE AS ADDITIVE AND REPLACEMENT IN CONVENTIONAL CONCRETE
Volume 04 Issue 07 2017
ISSN no: 2348-3121
Page no: 7-10
Abstract – While producing paper, various wastes come out from the various processes in paper industries. The preliminary waste from paper industry is named as hypo sludge. In this study the material obtained from the paper industry waste (hypo sludge) is admixed with Portland cement at different replacement levels. The properties of concrete investigated include compressive strength, split tensile strength, flexural strength, sorptivity and acid effect keeping optimum percentage of hypo sludge supposedly supplementary cementitious material (SCM).The Sorptivity test has also been conducted. It is concluded that hypo sludge concrete had better mechanical properties and durability properties compared to normal concrete. Test results indicate that the use of hypo sludge in concrete has improved the performance of concrete from strength as well as durability aspects.
- Cement and Concrete: Environmental Considerations from EBN (Environmental Building News) Volume 2, No. 2 – March/April 1993.
- EcoSmart concrete Seminar held in two cities in the United Arab Emirates – October 22, 2007 in Abu Dhabi and October 24, 2007 in Dubai.
- Gambhir.M.L.,“concrete technology”, 3rd edition ,the Tata McGraw Hill Publishers, 2007.
- Hemant.S, Mittal L.N, Kulkarni.P.D, “Laboratory manual on concrete technology”, CBS Publications, 2005.
- Krishna Raju.N, “Design of concrete mixes” 4th edition, CBS Publishers, 2002.
- Malhotra, V.M., “Role of Supplementary Cementing Materials in Reducing Greenhouse Gas Emissions”, Concrete Technology for a Sustainable Development in the 21st Century, London, 2000.
- Mehta,P.K., “Greening of the Concrete Industry for Sustainable Development”, Concrete International, July 2002.
- Mehta,P.K.,“Reducing the Environmental Impact of Concrete” Concrete International, October 2001, Vol. 19, No. 7, pp. 61-66.
- Santhakumar,A.R.,“Concrete technology” 3rd edition, oxford university publishers, 2009.