Journal Title : International Journal of Modern Trends in Engineering and Science
Paper Title : STUDY AND BEHAVIOUR OF METAL OXIDES IN CONCRETE AS NANO TECHNOLOGY APPLICATION IN CIVIL ENGINEERING
Volume 04 Issue 07 2017
ISSN no: 2348-3121
Page no: 11-15
Abstract – The recent researches on Nano materials and nano technologies have highlighted the potential use of these materials in various fields such as medicine, construction, automobile industry, etc., this is due to special characteristics of materials at the nano scale. Building materials domain can be one of the main beneficiaries of the researches, with applications that will improve the characteristics of concrete and steel, glass and insulating materials. Improving the material resistance and increasing of their durability will reduce environmental pollution by reducing the carbon footprint of the building. In this study by using nano particles (silica dioxide and titanium dioxide) which leads to densifying of the micro and nanostructure resulting in improved mechanical properties.
- Zhi Ge and Zhili Gao et., al (2008) (10) are worked on “Applications of Nanotechnology and Nano materials in Construction”
- A.A.Maghsoudi and Dahooei et., al (2009) (1) have worked on “application of nanotechnology in self compacting concrete design”.
- Radu Olar et., al (2011) (7) has worked on Nano materials and nanotechnologies for civil engineering.
- Bhuvaneshwari et., al (2011) (4) has worked on the “Nano science to Nanotechnology for Civil Engineering – Proof of Concepts”.
- Gopalakrishnan et., al (2011) (5) has worked on “Nanotechnology in Civil Infrastructure”.
- Amit et., al (2011) (3) has worked on “Nanotechnology in civil engineering and construction: a review on state of the art and future prospects”.
- Saurav et., al (2012) (8) has worked on the “Application of Nanotechnology in Building Materials”.
- Ganesh et., al (2012) (5) has worked on “Innovations in the Methodology of Usage of Nano materials in Civil Engineering Works”.