Journal Title : International Journal of Modern Trends in Engineering and Science
Paper Title : ASSESSMENT OF GROUND WATER QUALITY IN AND AROUND SRIPERUMBADHUR DISTRICT
Volume 04 Issue 07 2017
ISSN no: 2348-3121
Page no: 50-58
Abstract –This study assessed the groundwater quality. And it has been determined by collecting ground water samples and subjecting the samples to a comprehensive physico chemical analysis. The parameters like pH, Total Hardness, Calcium, Magnesium, Chloride, Nitrate, Sulphate, TDS etc., have been considered. The results of analysis revealed that the observed wells samples were within the limit whereas other sampling wells were in threat of contamination.. The analysis reveals that the ground water of the area needs some degree of treatment before consumption and it also deals to be protected from the peril of contamination.
Keywords –Groundwater; Sriperumbadhur; Physic- Chemical
- P. Balakrishnan, A. Saleem, and N. D. Mallikarjun, “Groundwater quality mapping using geographic information system (GIS): A case study of Gulbarga City, Karnataka, India,” African J. Environ. Sci. Technol., vol. 5, no. 12, pp. 1069–1084, Dec. 2011.
- Dr Jaroslav vrba and Jac van der gun, “The world’ s groundwater resources,” in The world’s groundwater resources, vol. 2, no. December, International Groundwater Resources Assessment Centre, 2004.
- S. Ananthakrishnan, K. Loganathan, A. Jafar, A. Appl, and S. Res, “Study on ground water quality and its suitability or drinking purpose in Alathur block – Perambalur district,” Sch. Res. Libr., vol. 4, no. 3, pp. 1332–1338, 2012.
- Groundwater Essentials, National W. 2012, pp. 1–48.
- A. Varadharajan, L. Iyappan, and P. Kasinathapandian, “Assessment on Landuse Changes in Coimbatore North Taluk using Image Processing and Geospatial Techniques,” vol. 2, no. 4, pp. 233–237, 2012.
- Paul cote, “Obtaining And Transfroming Elevation Data,” 2014. [Online].
- Available: http://www.gsd.harvard.edu/gis/manual/dem/. [Accessed: 02-Jan-2014].
- “Georeferencing Images and CAD Data,” pp. 1–4, 2014.
- B. Rimal, “URBAN GROWTH AND LAND USE / LAND COVER CHANGE OF POKHARA SUB-METROPOLITAN CITY,” J. Theor. Appl. Inf. Technol., vol. 26, pp. 118–129, 2011.
- “CONSTRUCT NETWORK,” 2014.
- S. Drobne and A. Lisec, “Multi-attribute Decision Analysis in GIS : Weighted Linear Combination and Ordered Weighted Averaging,” vol. 33, pp. 459–474, 2009.