Journal Title : International Journal of Modern Trends in Engineering and Science
Paper Title : LOW POWER HIGH SPEED MODIFIED SQRT CSLA DESIGN USING D-LATCH & BK ADDER
Volume 04 Issue 08 2017
ISSN no: 2348-3121
Page no: 13-17
Abstract – The basic building blocks of any processor is adders. In VLSI design the adders used as fundamental requirements to achieve high performance processors and multi-core devices. To acquire fast arithmetic functions in many processors, fastest adder carry select adder is used. Conventional CSLA designs like Modified SQRT CSLA (MCSLA) and Binary to Excess one Converter (BEC) based CSLA and are compared with proposed D-latch and Brent Kung based CSLA, which shows better performance in terms of delay and power. In this paper 16 bit carry select adder with different models have been analyzed based on parameters like speed, area of utilization and power. The design is written in Verilog Hardware Description Language (HDL) and synthesized using Xilinx ISE 14.5.
Keywords – Ripple carry adder (RCA), carry select adder, Square root CSLA, Modified SQRT CSLA, Brent Kung based Modified SQRT CSLA and D-latch Carry select adder.
- G. Karthik Reddy, D. Sharat Babu Rao, “A Comparative Study on Low Power and High Speed Carry Select Adder”, IEEE Sponsored 9th International Conference on Intelligent System and Control (ISCO), 2015.
- Pallavi Saxena, “Design of Low Power and High Speed Carry Select Adder Using Brent Kung Adder”, International Conference on VLSI Systems, Architecture, Technology and Applications, 2015.
- Shivani Pamar, Kirat Pal Singh, “Design of High Speed Hybrid Carry Select Adder”, IEEE 3rd International Advance Computing Conference, 2013.
- Adilakshmi Silveru, M. Bharati, “Design of Kogg Stone and Brent Kung Adders using Degenerate Pass Transistor Logic”, International Journal of Engineering Science and Engineering, 2013.
- K. Saranya, “Low Power and Area Efficient Carry Select Adder”, International Journal of Soft Computing and Engineering, vol-2, issue-6, 2013.
- Sudhanshu Shekhar, Amit Bakshi, Vikash Sharma, “128 Bit Low Power Area Efficient Carry Select”, International Journal of Computer Applications, 2013.
- J. Pravin Adlin, C. Palaniapan, “An Area Delay Efficient CSLA Architecture” IOSR Journal of Electronics and Communication Engineering, 2013.
- B. Ramkumar and Harish M Kittur, “Low Power and Area Efficient Carry Select Adder”, IEEE Transaction on Very Large Scale Integration System, 2012.
- P. Saxena, “Design of Low Power Adder using Brent Kung Adder”, International Conference on VLSI Systems, Architecture, Technology and Applications, pp. 1-6, 2015.
- J. Eric Clapten, E. Konguvel, M. Thangamani, “VLSI Implementation of Low Power Area Efficient Fast Carry Select Adder”, International Journal of Computer Applications, Vol.115, issue 6, pp. 5-8,2015.
- B. K. Mohanty, S. K. Patel, “Area Delay Power Efficient Carry Select Adder”, IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems-II, vol. 61, issue 6, pp. 418-422, 2014.
- Y. D. Ykuntam , M. V. N. Rao, G. R. Locharla, “Design of 32 bit Carry Select Adder with Reduced Area”, International Journal of Computer Applications, Vol. 75, issue 2, pp. 47-51, 2013.