Journal Title : International Journal of Modern Trends in Engineering and Science
Paper Title : A NEW METHOD TO IMPROVE MICRO-GRID ISLANDING OPERATION
Volume 05 Issue 01 2018
ISSN no: 2348-3121
Page no: 1-5
Abstract – In the recent developed world we have to use electricity in an efficient way so we have to use micro-grids which is a grid system we have another operation that is Islanding mode but its detection is a great challenge in connecting distributed generation (DG) in electrical power systems. These detection methods are of two groups, one is communication based methods, active, and passive methods. Communication based methods are established based on communication between utilities and DGs which maintenance and operation is expensive to use. Active methods perturb are used where the disturbance is detected and analyzed. This detection circuit model of the micro-grid islanding is simulated by the software of MATLAB/Simulink, and the simulation results show that the islanding detection method gave better results and find the micro-grid islanding detection easily
Keywords – Islanding Detection, Distributed Networks, Hybrid Islanding Detection Methods
- Global wind report: Annual market update 2011 (2012) Global Wind Energy Council (GWEC), Brussels
- Global market outlook for photovoltaic until 2016 (2012) European Photovoltaic Industry Association (EPIA), Brussels
- Kramer W, Chakraborty S, Kroposki B et al (2008) Advanced power electronic interfaces for distributed energy systems, Part 1: Systems and topologies. NREL/TP-581-42672, National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL), Golden
- Carrasco JM, Franquelo LG, Bialasiewicz JT et al (2006) Power electronic systems for the grid integration of renewable energy sources: a survey. IEEE Trans Ind Electron 53(4):1002– 1016
- M. Ropp andW. Bower, Evaluation of Islanding Detection Methods for Photovoltaic Utility Interactive Power Systems, International Energy Agency Implementing agreement on Photovoltaic Power Systems, Tech. Rep. IEA PVPS T5-09, 2002.
- W. Bower and M. Ropp, Evaluation of Islanding Detection Methods for Utility-Interactive Inverters in Photovoltaic Systems Sandia National Laboratories, Albuquerque, NM, Sandia Nat. Labs Rep. SAND2002-3591, Nov. 2002.
- R. Teodorescu, M. Liserre, P. Rodriguez, and F. Blaabjerg, Grid Converters for Photovoltaic and Wind Power Systems. Hoboken, NJ: Wiley-IEEE Press, 2011.
- R. Petrella, A. Revelant, and P. Stocco, “Advances on inter-harmonic variable-frequency injection-based grid-impedance estimation methods suitable for PV inverters,” in Proc. IEEE-ECCE, Sep. 20– 24, 2009, pp. 1173–1179.
- R. Teodorescu, M. Liserre, P. Rodriguez, and F. Blaabjerg, “Grid Converters for Photovoltaic and Wind Power Systems. ‘‘Hoboken, NJ: Wiley-IEEE Press, 2011.
- Karimi.H, Yazdani.A, Iravani.R, “Negative-Sequence Current Injection for Fast Islanding Detection of a Distributed Resource Unit”, IEEE Trans. Ind. Electron., vol .23, no 1,pp 298-307, Jan 2007.
- V. Timbus, R. Teodorescu, F. Blaabjerg, and U. Borup, “ENS detection algorithm and its implementation for PV inverters,” Proc. Inst. Electr. Eng.—Electric Power Applications, vol. 153, no. 2, pp. 206–212, Mar. 2006.
- L. A. C. Lopes and H. Sun, “Performance assessment of active frequency drifting islanding detection methods,” IEEE Trans. Energy Convers.,vol. 21, no. 1, pp. 171–180, Mar. 2006.
- B. Yu, Y. Jung, J. So, H. Hwang, and G. Yu, “A robust anti-islanding method for grid-connected photovoltaic inverter,” in Proc. 4th IEEEWorld Conf. Photovoltaic Energy Convers., May 2006, pp. 2242–2245.
- P. Mahat, Z. Chen and B. Bak-Jensen, “A Hybrid Islanding Detection Technique Using Average Rate of Voltage Change and Real Power Shift,’’ IEEE Transaction on Power Delivery, vol. 24, no. 2, pp. 764- 771, 2009
- R. Lasseter, “Microgrids,” in IEEE PES Winter Meeting, New York, Jan. 27–31, 2002, vol. 1 and 2, pp. 305–308.
- IEEE Standard for Interconnecting Distributed Resources With Electric Power Systems, IEEE Std. 1547-2003, 2003.
- F. Katirei, M. R. Iravan, and P. W. Lehn, “Micro-grid autonomous operation during and subsequent to islanding process,” IEEE Trans. Power Delivery, vol. 20, no. 1, pp. 248– 257, Jan. 2005.
- H.Karimi, A.Yazdani, R.Iravani, “ Negative Sequence Current Injection for Fast Islanding Detection of a Distributed Resource Unit”, IEEE Tran.Power Electronics,vol.23, no.1, pp.298-307, Jan. 2008.
- S. I. Jang, and K. H. Kim, “An islanding detection method for distributed generations using voltage unbalance and total harmonic distortion of current,” IEEE Tran. Power Delivery, vol. 19, no. 2, pp. 745-752, April 2004.