Journal Title : International Journal of Modern Trends in Engineering and Science
Paper Title : STUDY OF CANTILEVER BEAM BEHAVIOR WITH MODAL ANALYSIS USING ANSYS WITH DIFFERENT PROPORTIONS OF STEEL FIBERS
Volume 05 Issue 11 2018
ISSN no: 2348-3121
Page no: 1-3
Abstract – In this study Dynamic property of a structural element which is frequency, damping and mode shapes are described by a process called modal analysis. Structural condition can be monitored by analyzing the changes in frequencies and mode shapes. All materials possess certain amount of internal damping. Similarly steel fibers also produce some internal damping. A system is a combination of elements, for example a structure is a system whose elements are beams, columns, slabs, footings .etc. In all those elements I have selected beam elements. Many research works are conducted on different type of materials under dynamic loading. This thesis presents the variation of dynamic characteristics of a steel fiber concrete cantilever beam in which steel fibers are used as a damping material. The main objective of this work is to estimate the natural frequency and damping ratio of a concrete cantilever beams with varying steel fiber percentages and with varying depth.
- Robert G. Drysdale, Ahmad A. Hamid & Lawrie R. Baker. (1999). Masonry Structures Behavior and Design. 2nd edition, The Masonry Society, USA.
- Anand S. Arya (2008). Seismic Assesment of Masonry Buildings. Journal of South Asia Disaster Studies. 1(1), 23-43.
- Andrew Coburn & Robin Spence (1992). Earthquake Protection. John Wiley & Sons Ltd, West Sussex.
- C. V. Murthy Learning Earthquake Design and Construction. (2005). Earthquake Tip Building Materials and Technology Promotions Council, New Delhi, India.
- Tumialan, G., F. Micelli, & A. Nanni (2001). Strengthening of Masonry Structures with FRP Composites. Structures, Washington DC, May 21-23.
- Badger Emily (2012, Jan 24). Why the Most Environmental Building is the Building We’ve already Built. The Atlantic Cities.
- IS 13935 (1993). Seismic Evaluation, Repair and Strengthening of Masonry Buildings Guidelines. Bureau of Indian Standards, India.
- Eurocode 8 (2005): Design of structures for earthquake resistance, Part 3, European Committee for Standardization, Brussels.
- FEMA 273 (1997). NEHRP Guidelines for the Seismic Rehabilitation of Buildings. Washington DC, USA.
- Charu Chaudhary (2007). Evaluation of Grouting as a Strengthening Technique for Earthen Structures in Seismic Areas: Case Study Chiripa. Thesis of Degree of Master of Science in Historic Preservation, University of Pennsylvania.
- FEMA 172 (1992). NEHRP Handbook for Seismic Rehabilitation of Existing Buildings. Washington DC, USA.
- FEMA 547 (2006). Techniques for the Seismic Rehabilitation of Existing Buildings.Washington DC, USA.
- Mohammad Ashraf, Amjad Naseer, Akhtar Naeem Khan and Khan Shahzada (2009). Seismic Up-gradation of Unreinforced Masonry Buildings as a Part of Disaster Management Policy. International Disaster Management Conference. Baragali, Pakistan, 101-120.